Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.05.2013

Yawn.

Long weekend.  Drove to my mom's house in Everett to help her celebrate her 60th birthday.  For this once hard partying sailor, it's embaressing to admit that my single mom partied my wife and I into the ground, and had us begging for mercy at midnight.  Luckily we drove seperately, so we were able to leave before last call.

Usually when we go visit my mom, we do it on weekends where I have Friday's off.  It's a 7-8 hour round trip, so it feels a little more 'worth it' when it involves 2 nights(okay, it's ALWAYS worth it to see my mom, but...you understand).  Her darn birthday was just inconvient from that standpoint.  We hit the road Saturday morning, and were back home Sunday afternoon.  It even wore on my girls, who did some hard playing at nana's house on the lake.


When we got home, chores were waiting.  We had one of my wife's friends kids come take care of the chicks Saturday afternoon, but after two days in the mid 80's, the garden was begging to be watered, and my wife, tired of being cooped up in the car, went and bought a few flats of flowers, which was WAY more fun than actually putting them in the pots. 

All in all, at 9pm, it's quiet as a church in the house....looking forward to Monday so I can have a break. 

No comments:

Post a Comment