Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.18.2013

Watching this time

My older daughter is taking part in this Girls on the Run program through our local YMCA.  As part of that program, they run a 5K about twice a year.  Parents are encouraged to run with the kids.  My wife did the first one, and I did the one last November, meaning it was my wife's turn again., so her and my older daughter were out the door bright and early for that this morning, leaving me and my younger daughter to follow on behind later to do some cheering.

My younger daughter takes more after my wife than me when it comes to waking up...'Just 5 more minutes', as opposed to my older one, who we had to give and alarm clock MANY years ago so she wouldn't leave the bedroom before 7.  Still I was able to get her out the door eventually, and on our way in time to see my wife and older daughter off at the starting line.


After that, we had some time to kill before meeting the weary runners for breakfast.  As we sat at one traffic light, my daughter, who has gotten quite used to the newer Mazda, says to me 'Daddy, I kind of miss riding in the Subaru.  It shakes so much at a stop sign it's just like those fancy massaging chairs at the furniture store!' 

Might be time for a tune-up...or to earn some spare cash driving people around town, with some relaxing music and aroma therapy, selling Massage's on the Go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment