Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.07.2013

Go play outside.

Since the young lady working at Ranch and Home when my wife picked up the chicks was somewhat uncertain about when the chicks had been hatched, we aren't 100% sure of how old they are.  We think they are somewhere in the 5-7 week old range.

What we do know is that they have all their feathers, and with the temperature being in the upper 80's, it's fine time for them to get introduced to the great outdoors.

 
They seemed to enjoy it out there.  After about 2 minutes of just standing there, they started acting like chickens, scratching and pecking, and trying to figure out what was edible.  While I kept an eye on them, I tackled some leaf cleanup in the side yard, and at one point, I found a worm.  Poor, poor worm.  I dropped him in with the chicks, and it was like World War 3...they tore him into about 4 pieces, and gulp, gulp, gulp. 
 
Hopefully, they will want to come in tonight.   We weren't planning on letting them spend the night outside quite yet.  Probably give them a week or so of 'hardnening off' during the day before moving them out permanently.
 
I'm eager to get my garage back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment