Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.22.2013

Bolting already!

So far, I've been fairly satisfied with my container gardening.  The kale and Swiss chard have both came in pretty well, and I hacked them both back awfully hard yesterday to use in making a pot of wanna-be Zuppa Tuscana. 


 
 
Like wise, the 'leaf lettuce mix' has been doing pretty good.  While there is not quiet enough in the pot to make a dinner salad all by itself, when mixed with some iceberg(or some baby kale, Swiss chard or spinach) it helps add some character to a salad.  It's already been harvested pretty hard three times, but it just keeps coming back. 
 
 


The only thing I have been kind of underwhelmed by is the pot of spinach.  It just never gave much output, and now, even though I have kept in the shadiest section of my yard, it's bolting already. 

 
 
I'm not quite giving up on it yet, but I sense the chickens are about to be very happy.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment