Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.29.2013

It's not just for survival.

Many months ago, my wife picked up a selection of powdered products while out shopping(I believe it was Wal-Mart.  One of the cans she purchased was the Provident Pantry Peanut Butter Powder.  Out of curiosity, I opened it up, and followed the instructions to mix up some instant peanut butter. 

I was unimpressed, and the mostly full can went up into the cabinet, until I was frustrated one day at how tough it was to fold peanut butter into pancake batter to make chocolate chip peanut butter pancakes for the kids.  The next time around, I tried adding in some of the peanut butter powder, and just slightly increasing the amount of water that goes in the recipe.

Eureka!  I wouldn't dream of going back to doing it the other way. 

It's also great mixed into the protein shakes my wife drinks, and we will probably lay in a few more cans just for baking and kitchen use, and I might even order up some of the honey powder for use in baking also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment