Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.12.2013

Eric Draven said it best.



Not seeing my mom on Mother's Day today...we went to her place last weekend for her 60th Birthday, and, as much as a I love my mom, life simply didn't really give us a chance to do the 8-hour round trip 2 weekends in a row. 

It helps to know she has a good guy to look after her.  A belated congratulations goes out, because they got engaged last week.  They are not planning on getting married until the end of next summer, but I will be there for it, even if it means going over two weekends in a row to help prepare. 

One of my biggest regrets right now is that I can't find a picture that has my mom, my wife, and both girls to post.  Guess I'll have to go with my mom and the girls, since technically, my daughters should be blogging my wife's Mother's Day stuff. 

1 comment:

  1. He stole it, but did say it with just a bit more... style? Too true, those words, as ancient or new as some may know them.

    Mother is an alloyed goddess in some pantheons. Understandably.

    ReplyDelete