Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.08.2013

180

Went in on my 'furlough' day yesterday to get some fasting bloodwork done.  While the lisinpril is doing a good job on my blood pressure, my doctor pointed out he had no recent data on blood sugar or cholesterol.  So...stick me, baby.

Got a call today, telling me that there was good news, and bad news.  My total cholesterol is in the officially 'not bad' range...right at 180.  But...the ratio between my HDL(good) and LDL(bad) isn't quite where they want it to be....the HDL is right at 40, which is kind of the minimum they want it to be. 

No talk of medicine yet...just try to pay attention to my diet.  Someone needs to breed a pig that only has HDL bacon....

1 comment:

  1. Eh? I just thought you sliced the bacon thicker so that you eat less. It's fewer pieces, per pound? I also do that with beer. Docs wanted me to cut it to one or two, so I bought 26 ounce glasses and follow his orders explicitly. Unless... Well... I do have a mug that holds a twelve pack, for when I'm really thirsty whilst still striving to hold to the doctor's orders. Works for me. Love me some German craftsmanship.

    ReplyDelete