Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.02.2013

Learned your lesson yet?

Last week we had day time highs in the 80's, so I went ahead and planted the main part of my vegetable garden.  Tuesday and Wednesday, there were freeze warnings for most of the Columbia Basin, even though our local forecast predicted lows to stay in the mid 30's.  Being lazy Wanting to do a science experiment for you, the loyal reader, I kind of ignored the freeze warning.

Well, it seems that this particular experiment is probably going to cost me $20-30 and a few hours of my life.  It wasn't a complete loss, but my zucchini and peppers took it rough.




Man, you can almost hear the sound effect made when someone goes over the asking price on The Price is Right.

I think 3 of my 10 pepper plants are total loses, with another 2 or 3 having a chance of pulling through.  The zucchini are even rougher, with only 2 of 7 looking alive.  The cucumber and cantaloupe bed actually looks okay, with a little browning around the edges, but plenty of green leafy stuff in the center of each plant. 

Next year, I make sure to have a stash of 2-liters and milk jugs...even that probably would have saved me the money/time of having to replant half my garden...

No comments:

Post a Comment