Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.12.2013

By the way....

I didn't want to hi-jack my Mother's Day post earlier...but how GREAT is The Crow?  I remember loving it when it came out...and it has stood the test of time(1994!?!?!??  That's almost 20 years ago!).

Great action, great acting, great story...oh, and the soundtrack!  I could not guess to within the nearest 50 how many times I have seen The Crow.  It's on the same list as Unforgiven, Jaws, and The Outlaw Josie Wales...if I am flipping through the channels and I come across The Crow...just let life go on without me.

Brandon Lee himself is one of the ultimate cases of 'What Could Have Been'.  He is perfect in The Crow...truthfully, I would have to go to another actor who died to young, Health Ledger as the Joker, to find another actor who so perfectly fit a role.  I can not picture anyone else playing Eric Draven, which might be one of the reasons none of the sequel attempts ever went anywhere.  I think he would have had a very bright future.



1 comment:

  1. I miss him, as I miss his father.
    Both gone too soon.

    Artists, pioneers, philosophers

    gfa

    ReplyDelete