Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

5.10.2013

Safety Lesson

In the 'Better you than me' lesson category, we get this story of a sick kid from Mountlake Terrace, a town in the eastside Seattle suburbs. 

Mountlake Terrace boy learns what caused illness: wire bristle

Youch...two weeks of cramping, and vomiting, and test after test...then they finally open you up and find a little piece of wire bristle lodged in your intestine.  As a parent, that has to be a goofy feeling...I mean, there are soooooo many horrible things it could have been, so to have it turn out to be a piece that flaked off your old grill cleaning brush must be a relief...but it must have a little bit of chagrin mixed in with it. 

As for me, I guess it's time to add one of these pumice stone cleaning brushes to my birthday wish list...Honey, it's for the children! 

1 comment:

  1. If you go for that, I'd be curious to hear if it is as good as they are advertising. Cleaning off my grill is an absolute pain, even if I cook off first. Grills haunt me in my sleep.

    As for the kid? Wow. So much can go so wrong even when you try to do everything right, and really, do the right things. Glad they found the problem though, and that it was easy to fix. Sometimes it's just that easy, if even that isn't completely easy. I can only guess having kids is a permanently spooky thing?

    ReplyDelete