Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.22.2013

Still...I'm a little jealous.

Back when I was in high school, we didn't have no internet.  That meant while we could pine away at the beautiful actress and model's we saw in magazines, it never really went any further than that. 

In the last couple of years though, some of that has changed.  With the popularity of sharing videos on youtube, and twitter, and facebook, sometimes viral videos can spread like, well, viruses.  Anyone with a cell phone can shoot a video of themselves doing sweet and crazy things, and there is chance(and a chance is all it takes), that the target of your affection will watch the video.  There is even a smaller chance(and once again, all you need is a chance), that they will say yes.

It's the 21st century equivalent of Martha Brady getting Davy Jones to the prom with her.

The first I remember really working was when the high aesthetic appeal Mila Kunis attended the Marine Corps Ball. 

Picture from www.tablemag.com

Classy, classy act...and it started a run on these things, with Justin Timberlake(sorry ladies, find your own picture) and even Kim Khardashian(which makes up for a lot of negatives about her) attending similar events on the arms of service men/women.

I kind of thought these things had run their course though, until this news that two time Sports Illustrated Cover Girl, Kate Upton, had gone as far as calling a 17-year old kid from California who asked her to prom via youtube, and was leaning towards saying yes, as long as her schedule allows.

picture from vogue.
Let me tell you, it took exhaustive HOURS to find that picture.  Trying to find a picture of a swimsuit model wearing clothes on the internet isn't the easiest thing, but it's a sacrifice I made for you.

Anyway...assuming she says yes, how cool.  Even if she doesn't say yes, how cool.  I mean...I mean...back in 1993, I would have traded my brother for a 1 in a million chance to go to the prom with Kathy Ireland, or Reba McEntire. 

Then again, I would have traded my brother for a used candy bar wrapper. 

1 comment: