Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.24.2013

Easier than it could have been.

I HATE buying things that need to be assembled.  It's one of the reasons I am okay haunting around antique stores with my wife...no assembly required.  Still...for bookcases in the library/guest bedroom, we ended up finding some ones we really liked from Office Depot.  The looked deep enough for lots of books, and the cube design gave lots of room for different ways of organizing books, plus space for decorative items also.

The bookcases arrived as scheduled early in the week, and at 130 pounds a box, we decided to unpack them upstairs and move them down stairs in pieces pre-assembly, which was a smart plan. 

One of my usual complaints about having to assemble purchased items is poor directions...but, these directions were pretty decent.  Even more impressive was the way the parts came shipped.  Instead of having to sort through a bag and try to figure out which was screw 'B' and which was screw 'D', the parts came all bagged for the step they were supposed to be used on!

 
 
Yes...we are back to me being easily impressed...but it made my life easier.  On the 2nd one, I actually cheated a bit, jumping ahead and doing all the cams, cam locks and dowels ahead of time, so I just needed my beautiful assistant for the final assembly. 
 
 
We are pretty happy with the finished products.
 
 
They are not small...and plenty deep.  Just starting to unbox books and lay them out, we found you can go three deep with paperbacks.
 
I fear that the easy part is done though.  My wife and I have very different ideas of the proper book layout on these shelves...
 


No comments:

Post a Comment