Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.17.2013

Luck of the, well, Scottish I guess...

Yeah, I know...St. Patrick's Day is the one day we can all be Irish, just like Cinco De Mayo is the one day we can all drink too much tequila and Dos Equis(I refuse to drink Corona).  Looking back on 'ye old family tree, my Celtic half hails from the Highlands, and not the Emerald Isle.  That doesn't mean I don't like corned beef or wear green, it just means, yeah...it's another Sunday.

A Sunday that I finally got to take my daughter shooting so she could try out her Christmas present!

 
 
It wasn't a long day at the range...while it was trying to be warm(temp in the mid 40's) the winds were pretty steady 20-25, and it got chilly in a hurry.  Still, it doesn't need to be a long day to be a good day.  My daughter liked her new Rossi, and she also had a blast with the Walther P22. 
 
You can't fake that smile, and that makes it a lucky day no matter whether you are Irish or Scottish.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment