Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.15.2013

More than I can chew.

My new front yard has a large juniper growing in it, and inconveniently imposes on one of the drive ways.  I have only dealt with it a month, and it's really not the growing season yet, and I'm already annoyed by it.  I can only figure that the previous owners trimmed it back weekly during the summer to be able to use the drive way. 

Neither my wife or I are emotionally attached to it, or willing to put in that kind of effort on a weekly basis..so out it goes! 



You can see the juniper in the right foreground, and the way it overhangs the drive way.  There isn't really anything to give it scale, but it's not tiny.  Also, much like The Doctor's Tardis, it's bigger inside than outside, and a much bigger chore than I thought it would be. 

It's not just a matter of cutting the three main beams into manageable pieces...that would be easy, even just armed with a Greg Powered Bow Saw.  This tree is OLD, and the branches and limbs inside are badly grown together.  Just cutting the main beams isn't enough, I then have to go inside to cut things apart, like a jigsaw puzzle that has been grown together. 

Taken individually, the pieces are much bigger than the whole, and they don't want to play together nicely in my truck.    Instead of one evening and one big load in my truck, it's looking like 3 or 4 loads, and probably most of a weekend. 


1 comment:

  1. I have a love/hate relationship with junipers. They're beautiful and they smell wonderful, but man are they a pain to work with!

    ReplyDelete