Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

3.18.2013

Learning a lesson

A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.  This story about a guy that shot himself in the hand while cleaning his Glock, and is the main reason I didn't clean my guns after my range trip last night(or more correctly, after the two beers I had with my dinner).

Not that this guy was drinking...the story doesn't say that, and I don't want to imply anything.  It simply proves that cleaning your gun is something you should do with 100% attention.  Even as boring as last nights Walking Dead was, I still didn't feel like I should be handling my guns.

Talk about that justification for being a procrastinator.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I'm all for using best judgement. I don't have a hard and fast rule other than that if any reason might preclude cleaning or handling my piece outside of the holster I don't. Some fool things won't ever really be laugh worthy, even if no one got shot. A gun fired accidentally means someone is not in control of the power they have sought, and should be a harsh wake-up call, a time to reevaluate one's whole life situation. Good call.

    ReplyDelete