Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.22.2012

Thanksgiving

As we head into Thanksgiving, I am thankful that murder is illegal, otherwise there would be at least 25 dead people between my mom's place and Safeway.  I had to make a run late yesterday afternoon, and was once again blown away by the compounding power of human stupidity when gathered in large groups.

Not exactly a charitable thought, but I never claimed to be a charitable type of person.

I am thankful to get to spend the day with my wife, and kids, and mom, and brother.

And football.


1 comment:

  1. I hope it was really a good time for all of you. Happy Belated Thanksgiving.

    Safeway. That brings to mind a memory. Dad worked for a while for a mill that made pulp and otherh things, including things that made grocery bags. The more paper bags folks used, the more successful they were in that division.

    I'd be at Safeway with Dad, and when the clerk would go "paper or plastic?" to the person in line in front of us, Dad would always lean in carefully and whisper like a subliminal message "get the paper, get the paper".

    Or he was finding an empty checkstand, getting the microphone and in his best Elvis voice going "this is Elvin, open up the bakery".

    sigh.

    ReplyDelete