Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.02.2012

Local Effects

As the North East finishes crawling out from under Sandy, we are finished cleaning up with the effects from the storm we felt from 3000 miles away.

My mother-in-law had come for a 10 day visit, but due to Sandy, the airline called the night before she was supposed to fly home and said her flight Sunday was cancelled, and that the soonest they could reschedule her for was Thursday.

The good news for was she didn't need to deal with power outages and rain.  The bad news for her was, well...there was no bad news, although she was worried about her cat.

For me, it just meant walking softly around my wife and her mom. They get along as well as any adult gets along with their adult child, which is perfectly fine, until something serious happens.  I don't mind my mother-in-law...which just don't have a lot in common, other than my wife and kids.

I get poutty when anyone cuts into my time I get to spend sitting around in my skivies brushing Doritto's out of my chest hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment