Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.05.2012

I just couldn't help myself!!!

I'm not sure I can stop at Safeway without taking a look at what is on clearence.  This usually includes the clearance shelves in the back, as well as the 'eat it now' meat. 

Today, it also included a swing by the Halloween stuff....not for candy, but because, you never know.  It paid off too, because I found A Deal.

Earlier in the day, I was tempted by a deal on Woot, a site that deserves a look everyday.  On Kids Woot, they had Lifegear Glowsticks for $4 a piece, and then $5 shipping for as many as you want to order. 

I like these glowsticks...you get an 8 Lumen LED flashlight, and a colored light stick with a flashing option.  Now...8 lumen isn't a Surefire...but it's very usefull.  There is also a whistle on the glowsticks.  I keep one in each of our bugout bags for the girls, and they proved useful on Halloween, because the long lanyard allowed the girls to wear them like necklaces.

As useful as they are, I was able to resist pulling the trigger on them on Woot.

Then, I saw The Deal at Safeway....two flats of Orange Lifegear Glowsticks for $1.25 A PIECE.

Before I even knew what I was doing, I had 8 of them in my cart.  As useful as they are, the fact that they run off 'button' batteries kind of makes them disposable...not very cost effective to replace the batteries.


I left about 10 more of the on the shelf(I didn't want to be greedy)...and I already regret it.  Heck...put 3 or 4 of these in your car, and you can use them as flares if you have to pull over to the side of the road. 

For $1.25, it's a highly useful tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment