Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.14.2012

Standing on the shoulders of giants...

At work today, we were having our 2nd Annual Chili Cookoff.  Last year, I had training on the day of the competition, so I wasn't able to participate.  This year, I was able to compete, and like they say, if you ain't cheating you ain't trying.



In this case, cheating involved using a recipe from Brigid's website, her Range Chili.

It's not really cheating I guess...I still had to do all the cooking, and I modified the recipe a bit: leaving out the onions, using 2 cans of black beans and two cans of kidney beans instead of 4 cans of kidney beans, and dicing up three chipotle peppers in adobo sauce to add a bit more heat. 

What most likely won it for me is the shear amount of meat in this chili...6 pounds of meat don't leave room for a lot of beans in a crock pot...and bacon makes everything better. 


2 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations... and sounds so tasty. Makes me crave for some delicious meal now. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very good!

    Oh, and that seems similar to how I make chili (your revision), save the bacon. I'mma gonna have to... maybe try that. I should read her site a bit more closely, it seems, too.

    ReplyDelete