Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.05.2012

Settling in.

Getting ready to watch the Superbowl here in a bit.  At one point, it looked like we might be going to one of our friends houses to watch the game, so I picked up an 9 pound pork shoulder at Win-co, and rubbed that bad boy up yesterday.  I then threw it in the oven when we went to bed, and let it go for 9 hours at 225 degrees.

Could you get out on the pulpit, I need something in the foreground to give some scale. 

The hardest part about shredding pork like this is being patient enough to wait for it to be cool enough to handle, and making sure you don't eat too much.  With an 8 pound shoulder, no one should be able to notice a nibble or two missing.  All shredded up, it makes about 10 cups of pork, which means there will be plenty to go in the freezer, since plans with my friends fell through.

That's okay...having been born in Massachusetts, and then living in Rhode Island for 4 years, and then stationed in Connecticut for 5 years, I have three legitimate reasons to be a Patriots fan.  If the Patriots are winning, I would LOVE to be around people to celebrate.  If they aren't winning...well, I don't need to be around my buddies(who are Green Bay Packers fans) when they rub it in. 

I think this is going to be a really close game, and as much as Tam likes talking about how neat Broad Ripple and it's environs are, I'm glad I don't live close enough that I was tempted to drop $4k for tickets to the game.

Finally, due to my New Years Resolution, which I have maintained for over a month, there will be no beer drank in my house during the Superbowl today.  If I caved, and the Patriots ended up losing, I am superstitious enough that I would blame myself for the loss.  If through my sacrifice, I can help the Patriots win, it's worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment