Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.05.2012

Well, poop.

When Wes Welker dropped a very catchable pass at the 25 yard line with just over 4 minutes left, I knew the game was over, even though the Patriots were still winning.  Their bend don't break defence was their weak point all year, and in the end, they couldn't get the stop they needed.  Not having Gronkowski at his best didn't help either, but that's all just excuses.  In the end, the Giants played better, and won.

I'm bummed.  Football is about the only sport I am 'into'.  I will watch some baseball, and some basketball, but I don't make time in my schedule for it.  I do for football.  I don't watch every game, every weekend, but I try to catch the Seahawks and Patriots, the Patriots being the more important of the two to me. 

Once upon a time I would have blamed my wife and kids for their 'lack of faith', like Darth Vader.  My wife was gone for half the game attending an herbal tea class with a local artisan tea blender.  My girls were home, but they just passed through the living room eating my treats. 

They were there to give me hugs after the game though, which was nice.

Not as nice as the Patriots winning would have been, which I am sure would have happened if my wife had just worn the Patriots Cheerleader outfit that I asked her to. 

On the positive side, there was a Miranda Lambert sighting before the name, and Kelly Clarkson nailed the national anthem.  Both of those ladies are very nice indeed, and any day with both of them(and my own girls at home) is a worthwhile one. 

The worst part of the loss is going to be having to deal with my buddies at work tomorrow.  There is an often used saying, '2nd Place is first loser' which is truer in football(and sports in general) than most other things.  Instead of this being a happy time in New England, the story line will be about how the Giants have beaten the Patriots two Super Bowls in a row...

Bah.  Here in the inland Northwest, the winter is just about over.  Now that football is done, I see more range trips on Sunday's in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment