Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

2.19.2012

Hope springs eternal...

Yes, this is going to be more bragging on my part.  My older daughter came down stairs a few minutes ago with rigged up collection of tinker toys, a not unusual occurance around here.  For a long time, it was different animals...like this Archaeopteryx.  Then she went through a helicopter stage.  Now it's been ground vehicles.



She said 'Daddy...it's got a rack and pinion steering.' 

Now, as far as I know, the only time she had ever heard of 'rack and pinion steering' was a few weeks ago when she asked me how the steering wheel made the tires turn.  I ended up trying to confuse her by explaining the difference between power steering and 'rack and pinion' steering. 

She didn't get it 100% right...I mean, the seat turns with the wheels....how inconvienent would THAT be...but the limiting factor was her tools and equipment, not her mind.

There is sooooo much potential there...and I am terrified that I am going to do something to ruin it. 

She isn't unique...I refuse to believe my sperm was that special.  There is a whole generation out there with the power to turn things around...if we can just direct them on the right path. 




No comments:

Post a Comment