Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.31.2011

Golly Gee, she sure is purdy!

One of the problems with the human mind is that we tend to imagine that things always have been, and always will be the way they were when we first encountered them.

In my case, as a child of the 70's, I watched The Partridge Family once or twice, and I remember Shirley Jones as the short-haired mom, and Susan Dey being the eye-catching comely one.  I never got a chance to have this opinion changed, as Shirley didn't do much but the occasionally 'guest' role on TV shows like 'Murder, She Wrote'.

Imagine my surprise this evening then, as I was flipping through the channels, waiting for Jeopardy to start, and I came across the beginning of 'Oklahoma', with a gorgeous young doll of a young lady singing 'Oh What a Beautiful Mornin', and the TV Guide said that the beautiful young lady was one Shirley Jones. 

Photo by JR Eyerman, Courtesy of Google Images
Wow.  Just plain WOW.  I haven't been that surprised since I found out that the hot brunette in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof was the same crazy old lady named Elizabeth Taylor who was friends with Michael Jackson.

2 comments:

  1. She was 21 in Oklahoma! Beautiful and with that amazing voice!
    You should rent Elmer Gantry, where she plays the hooker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might have to add that too my list. I'll admit I don't give movies from that that period much chance. My main point was that up until 3pm Friday, if you said 'Shirley Jones' I would have pictures Mama Partidge. Now, I picture that amazing creature from Oklahoma and Carousel.

    ReplyDelete