Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

11.22.2011

I don't get it.

What with politics and most of the real world depressing the hell, I have decided to focus on the mysterious and, well, not real side of things.

Some mysteries are bigger than others though, and today we will focus on the biggest ones out there:

How the HELL is this thing as popular as it is??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Picture stolen from Time Magazine, because for some reason this sandwich qualifies as news.
For those of you who enjoy The Finer Things in Life...that is the McRib sandwich.  3 guesses who sells it. 

Let me start by saying that McDonalds is pretty far down my list of fast food restaurants, if I have a choice.  In fact, it's at the bottom of my list.  I also despise onions, and that means The McRib already has two big strikes against it. 

This is the 3rd Strike:

Picture borrowed from SFGATE article comparing McRib meat to a yoga mat.
That is what the McRib patty looks like prior to be slathered in nasty candy-flavored BBQ sauce. 

Yummy.

I'm not even going to address the 'it's not healthy' argument('Restructured Meat Product with some heart, and tripe, glued together with 960mg's of sodium).  If you are eating fast food, you know what you are getting into from a 'health' standpoint.

It's just FOUL!  The texture is wrong...the BBQ sauce doesn't taste like BBQ sauce...and, and...it's just plain wrong. 

Go to Dairy Queen and get a Flame Thrower Burger instead...now that's good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment