Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.20.2013

You're right, they should have let you die.

Because it's funny to make fun of drunk people!

Chicago Doctor Accused of Posting Photos of Intoxicated Patient

So...to summarize: A young lady gets SOOOOOOOOO drunk, she has to go to the hospital.  She is SOOOOOOOOO drunk that she is unconscious for 8 bleeping hours. While she is recovering, an acquaintance that works at the hospital takes some pictures of her, which he puts up on  'social media.'  The young lady is now suing EVERYONE for 1.5 million dollars because she had the 'potential to someday work for Fortune 500 companies, which may now not occur because of said photographs.'

No.  No you didn't...because a search of google images reveals you are a model/actress with your own website


Now...there was nothing really bad on her site(and trust me, I looked)...but the fact is that Fortune 500 companies are not hiring struggling models/actresses. 

I'm willing to admit that the doctor was fairly out of line posting the pictures he took, especially if he only was able to gain access to the room  because he was a doctor.  I'm not sure I blame the hospital...I certainly don't assign them 1.5 million dollars worth of blame.  I also don't assign any monetary blame to the stupid young doctor who took the picture, although I wouldn't blame the Illinois authorities for doing something to his medical license, or the hospital for firing him.

It's just funny because it's exactly the sort of thing I would have done to my buddies back in my sailor days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment