Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.04.2013

Bonus!

With the first game of the NFL season this evening, I decided to swing through Ye Olde Beer Shop, and pick up some beer, ignoring the 6 5 4-pack of Alaskan Amber already in the fridge.  Since it's preseason, I only had my 32-ounce 'Grunt' filled instead of a full 64-ounce growler. 

When the young lady went to give me my change, I heard a distinctive 'tinkle' from the change in her hand...not the kind of noise everyone would recognize...just a freak like me.  It was a great time to work on my poker hand.

Sure enough, when I got outside and went through my pocket, I found a 1960 quarter among the change.  Heck...I would have been happy with a silver dime, which has happened before.  A 90% silver quarter was totally unexpected.  Even though silver isn't going for what it was 2 months ago, a pre-1964 quarter still has enough silver in it that it paid for over half of my Scotch Style Pike Kilt Lifter Ruby Ale(yeah, a mouth full, but man is it good). 

I thought about going back in and asking for change for the pay phone...but it's not 2005 anymore, and no one would fall for that excuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment