Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.25.2013

Tick-tock, tick-tock.

Boy oh boy...one thing I hate more than just about anything else is having to wait for something.  Case in point...I'm all committed to auditioning for a production with one of local community theaters.  I've been practicing and everything. 

The only problem is that the auditions are tonight at 7:00(registration starting at 6:30, which is two hours from as I type this for you non-West Coast types).  So...after going to church this morning and doing a few 'hotel load' type chores earlier, I really haven't been doing much other than staring at the clock.  Don't want to get into anything I can't get out of, but I'm also trying to stay somewhat distracted, because if I think too much about my evening, the butterflies in my stomach grow into golden eagles.  It has been a time now measurable in decades and not just years since I last did something like this.

One of those times I wish my life had a Tivo, so I could just skip ahead to Monday, and see if I make the call back list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment