Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.13.2013

Such variety!

Yeah, sorry...I'm in a very chicken oriented mood lately, now that they have started laying eggs and, you know, actually becoming useful.

I was kind of unprepared for the variety of eggs that would come out...I don't know if things will always be that way, or if they will settle out in consistency as the egg making machinery gets broken in.

Today, I came home to find that someone thinks it's Easter still.

 
 
Since I want to be a good chicken owner, I made a run to the feed store yesterday to buy a bag od crushed oyster shells to help the girls keep their calcium up.  You don't mix it in with their normal food...you provide it in a separate container, and supposedly they will know if they need to eat it, which is pretty interesting, since there isn't much else they seem to know.  

No comments:

Post a Comment