Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.03.2013

They were on sale!

I'm a lucky man, blessed with a wife who very rarely comes home playing the stereotypical 'it was on sale!' game after buying something. 

Instead, I'm usually the one who falls for 'Sale 75% Off!' signs, like I did today at Home Depot. 

The deal was just too good to resist...they had trees priced for 75% off, including several fruit trees.  I bought two of them, and made it out the door for less than twelve dollars.

 
 
The taller one on the right is a Golden Delicious.  The one on the left is an Unmarked Mystery!  Yup...I'd say 90% of the trees were unmarked as anything other than 'fruit trees', so I just picked out the two nicest looking trees they had...luckily, one of them was labeled 'Yellow Delicious'.  The other...well, it looks like it could be another plum tree.  Really won't know for sure until next spring...or heck, maybe even late next summer.  It's very exciting.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good to me. Do you know if the apple tree needs a mate? Some fruit trees do, some are even male and female. I would try for that, but I am not sure what trees have to come down and where they will end up falling. Nightmare stuff. Already had one branch, from a tree 30 feet away, swing down onto my roof. It was 8" in diameter where the "branch" hit my roof. Yeah... the trunk is 6'. No damage to my roof, oddly.

    Still, nice to know someone is lucking out.

    ReplyDelete