Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.24.2013

Stop the world, I want to get off!

I am hung over this morning.  Or rather I was hung over this morning.  Head achey-stomach queasy officially hung over for the first time in a while.

It was worth it though.  Our previous 100% baby-sitters have both found other things(real jobs and college), so my wife did some looking around, and found us a new one to give a try.  I've come to decide that there are very few luxuries for a parent quite like a baby-sitter who can drive themselves. 

Anyway...it was a good date night.  As much as I sometimes bitch and moan about the heat here in the summer, yesterday was a perfect example of a great summer day.  High right around 90, and then once the sun dipped below the horizon, it cooled up quickly into the low 80's.  We took advantage of that by having a decent dinner of Panini's at White Bluffs Brewing, and then traveled a whole 50 yards down hill to have some desert and vino while watching a band called The Millionaires Club at Thomas O'Neil Cellars.  As always, I brought the most beautiful woman in the room with me where ever I went, which is a plus. 



It was a really good date night.  While it's true that the Tri-Cities is kind of isolated, and a hard-core city slicker might find things a tad slow, there is more than enough night life here for me.  Richland alone has three very respectable brewpubs, and there are another 2 in Kennewick, to go along with roughly 147 wineries(well, at least 40-45) that call the Tri-Cities and nearby Benton City home.  While some of those are small, small places, there are 6 or 7 decent sized places, and all of them usually have some kind of live music on weekend nights.  Last night, we really liked The Millionaires Club...they were a bluesy rock band, with more than a splash of Rockabilly mixed in, and they hit the ground running with a couple of Johnny Cash songs(Sunday Morning Coming Down, and Walk the Line), so how can you go wrong with that?

Anyway, the lesson is, don't start drinking beer(and White Bluffs does not make wimpy brews...I think there lowest is about 5.8% ABV) and then help your wife kill a bottle of Riesling, and then go back to beer in the same night.

Although, I still think it was worth it.






No comments:

Post a Comment