Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.26.2013

Because I'm strange like that.

It's that time of year where my wife can no longer keep up with the cherry tomatoes coming off the plants in the garden.  I'm sure the chickens can help her keep up, but we try to limit them to about 2 each...just because they would eat nothing but the tomatoes if we let them.

Neither my daughters or I are much help.  I'm just not a fan of fresh tomatoes.

However...I do appreciate sun dried tomatoes...I just like the flavor more than fresh.  In the absence of sun dried, dehydrated will do too.


The only real problem with this process is that the resulting dehydrated tomatoes have a lot of sharp little corners, and I have roughly a 25% failure rate when I vacuum seal them, because the tomatoes are actually able to cut little holes in the bags. 

No comments:

Post a Comment