Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.29.2013

Guess I waited too long.

One of the things on my list of 'Someday, I will buy one of those' is a nice shooter grade CMP Garand.  Don't care about who made, just want a potential piece of history I can call my own.

Well, with the newest Executive Order Mr. Obama passed today, the clock on doing that for a reasonable price might have chimed 'midnight'.

Obama proposes new gun control executive orders

Now, just because I don't own any NFA type weapons doesn't mean I don't care what happens to them.  I am one of those folks who truthfully feels gun control is the ultimate in creeping incrementalism, and any time the pendulum swings towards more gun control, it's bad. 

The part of this that really hurts though is the part of the executive order that would prevent selling any weapon sold or donated to a foreign governments to an American once it is returned to the US...which is kind of all that CMP sells. 

It might be time to tell my wife to buy my Christmas present now, before it's too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment