Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.11.2013

Well, take a look at that!


If I was better at photoshop(or whatever the cool kids use for photo editing now), I would have drawn a little halo around this egg.  I found it yesterday in the coop...the first egg laid by my chickens.  While there is no way to prove it, I think the egg came from one of our barred rocks...most likely the one who has assumed the big mama role, and grew mature comb features a few weeks before the rest.

Not a HUGE leap in logic there.


It's not a big egg...I would say it's about the size you would find labeled 'medium' in the stores, but...it was pretty okay.  In person the yolk was darker and everything 'stood up' more when the egg was broke.  Yeah...it had the little blood spot in it, but some research proves that is fairly normal as the hens egg laying machinery gets broken in and up to speed. 

I'm hear to tell you, it tasted as good as any egg I've ever had fried and set on an English muffin with some thick smoked ham I bought from Tucannon Meats in Dayton. 

No comments:

Post a Comment