Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.18.2013

Real Life Stuff

Not a lot of time for much original content lately...been doing important things like trying to finish Warbound, the third book of Larry Correia's Grimnoire Chronicles Series.   It's just as good as the first two, and Larry does a good job of wrapping things up.  He has put enough of a bow on the end that if he feels like moving on to something else, it's a good trilogy, but there is still enough float in the end that if he decides to pop out another book, he won't have to 'undo' anything.

In addition to that, my wife and I tagged up on facebook and craigslist to make one last push to find a new home for the player piano that the previous owners left behind in the garage.  After a few half-hearted attempts to get something in return for it, we finally just wanted to get rid of, figuring even not getting any money for the piano, we were saving our money by not having to pay for it to go to the dump, or for doctors bills after I destroyed my back trying to move it.

Mission successful.  We actually got about 10 or 12 interested people, which then had me wishing I had at least asked for enough to be able to take the wife and kids out for dinner...but oh well.  Having said free, I let it go for free...which then freed up space for more shelving in the garage! 

Previously, the shelving I had bought for the garage was some fairly decent plastic stuff from Home Depot.  However, glass jars of food can get heavy, and I noted that one of the shelves we had loaded down had developed an ever-so-slight sag in it.  So...while I am not replacing the 4 shelving units we already have, I will keep an eye on them...and this time around, I spent a bit more to get steel shelving(like this, but 72" tall instead of 60).  They weren't that much more than the plastic ones, and they are rated for about 3 times the weight.

So...today will be rearranging stuff in the garage, and maybe watching a bit of pre-season football. 

1 comment:

  1. In the city, if you put something on the curb and mark it "Free". It will sit for days. Put the same item out there with a "For Sale $50", and it will be stolen by morning.

    ReplyDelete