Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.19.2013

Kicking it old school.

Earlier this week I found out that someone had created an android friendly updated version of Spaceward Ho...a game with which I passed many hours back in the late 80's and early 90's.  At our school, the Mac's all had Spaceward Ho(or Stars, a very similar PC game) loaded on to them, and it was an acceptable way to pass your time in certain classes if you had completed an individual activity before the end of the assigned period. 

If you were not lucky enough to have played Spaceward Ho, then you probably had many more productive hours in your life than I did back in the 90's, but you also missed out on what was, for the time, and interesting game.  It was one of the first good turn based strategy games for the computer, and you got to run your interstellar empire with cowboy hats!

Anyway...the only thing which is going to keep me from wasting most of the next decade is that I have to constantly fight my wife and kids for the Kindle...that should preserve some of my productivity. 

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, you've.. really got some nice toys here. I definitely need to figure out a wife and kids thing as soon as I can be more mobile. :p

    Never played that game, our school wouldn't allow them or us to bring/use them. We were mostly stuck with D&D. Then again, we had a great DM and superior, inventive, creative players so I didn't mind a bit.

    ReplyDelete