Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

8.28.2013

That's how I roll, yo.

Now that we are almost into September, my cantaloupe vine is finally bearing some fruit. It's going to be a race to see if they make it.

To help them along though, I have read on some websites where people recommend you support the fruits as they grow on the vine, so it doesn't stress the vine on the trellis.

Can do.  In fact, I can do while finding a great repurposing of something already designed to support...melons. 


Yes, it is what you think it is...and it's almost ideal.  The elastic means it will stretch and flex as the fruit grows, while the lace will allow it to be water soluble.

I just need to hope I don't have more than 4 cantaloupe growing at one time...my wife was only willing to purge two older ones from her stash. 

No comments:

Post a Comment