Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.21.2013

You win some, you lose some.

This evening, in a futile effort to try to reduce the amount of heat we are adding to the inside of the house, I came up with the brilliant idea to do some bacon on the grill, instead of in the oven like I usually do. 

Painfully aware of fatty flare ups, I babied the heck out of the first batch.  Used indirect heat, and even some wood chips to add a bit more pop.  If I do say so myself, the first batch came out spectacular.

 
 
The second batch...well, I might have got a bit complacent about how good the first batch turned out.  I abandoned my post to go whip up the eggs and milk for the French toast.  I swear, I wasn't gone more than 3, or maybe 7, or even 10 minutes.  When I finally did make it back to the grill, it was all over but the crying.
 
Oh, the horror!

Yup....the worst part is since it was my mistake, I had to do The Right Thing and share the survivors of the first batch equally with the rest of the family, limiting myself to two pieces of bacon...

No comments:

Post a Comment