Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.30.2013

Movin' to the country, gonna eat a lot of peaches.

Yeah...I've had the Presidents of the United States song 'peaches' stuck in my head all day, as I have been in the kitchen pealing and chopping peaches. 

My contribution was finished early...I popped out one batch of 9 pints of Honey Spiced Peaches, and then helped peal a few more pounds for my wife to can up this evening.


You know you have bought too many peaches when you have to run to the store to buy a larger canner, like I did earlier today.  Swapped out a canner that could only handle 7 pint jars for one that can do either 9 pints or 7 quarts.  It takes a while to get it to a boil, but the ability to do quart jars is a huge advantage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment