Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.31.2013

Damn...less than a year old.

So...after hauling our now empty chest freezer outside, and hosing it out, then giving it a round of ammonia followed by a round of bleach, we moved back into our garage, and plugged it back in. 

Nothing.  Oh...the green power light came on, and then the red 'running' light came on, but not a single bit of cold has been generated over the past 24 hours. 

Poop.

Now, since I do unexciting things on my blog, like talk about chest freezers, I was able to look back and figure out I just bought this thing last November...it's not even a year old!  I thought we had had it closer to 18 months.  I don't remember purchasing the service/protection plan(we only paid a bit over $150 for the freezer...I think it might not have felt worth it.)  Still...with it being dead after less than a year, it's got to be worth it to at least make the attempt to see if Home Depot can do anything for me. 

Otherwise I shall call down all the demons of the internet upon them.

1 comment:

  1. Unless something pierced a line, it's the thermostat. Most of the time the thermostat contacts get a bit corroded- especially if it sat in a box forever at the store- and don't make contact and turn on the compressor. If they don't honor the warranty, just try replacing the thermostat, you can probably buy it online and it's a couple plastic tabs and some wires.

    ReplyDelete