Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.07.2013

Into Darkness

One of the things my wife and I were able to sneak away for this last weekend, while the World's Greatest Nana watched the girls, was to catch a matinee of the newest Star Trek movie: Star Trek Into Darkness.

It was enjoyable...I walked out of it very satisfied that I had gotten my monies worth out of the movie.  It was easily as action packed as World War Z, and I think it was even more fast paced.  Truthfully...it might have been too action packed, too fast paced.  I told my wife that despite the fact that the characters feel right, the movie didn't necessarily feel like a Star Trek movie.  The better Star Trek movies have always had a good amount of cerebral nature to them. 

This one seemed to be lacking that at some points...but was still a good 'summer' movie.

Like I said...the actors do a good job of playing their parts.  My favorites are Karl Urban as Bones and Simon Pegg as Scotty.  Benedict Cumberbatch plays an awesome villain, even if he doesn't play it in the same over the top manner of his predecessor.  Heck...I think my least favorite actor might be Chris Pine as Kirk...or it could be that he is sooooo good at the cocky thing I dislike him for the same reason I disliked Val Kilmer in Top Gun...because you are supposed to dislike him at least a little bit.

In the end, it was a good enough movie that I will go see the next one, when it comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment