Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

7.29.2013

Son of a Motherless Goat.

After a fairly close to ideal weekend, I was putzing around in the garage, when I noticed an ominous pink liquid dripping from the bottom of my chest freezer.

Sure enough, it was worst case...a total loss of 7 cubic feet of frozen goods(including my last 10 pounds of venison)...and I don't know why.  According to the lights on the front of the freezer, it had power, and it was running.  As near as I could tell, the door was fully sealed.  The only depressing possibility right now is that the freezer was 'running', but not running correctly. 

I won't be able to tell that for a day or two.  We moved the freezer outside last night and completed Phase 1 of the cleaning.  Today we will complete Phase 2, and maybe even get it plugged back in tonight.  At that point, I'll put some water in it, and a thermometer or two to see how it cools down. 

Not happy, not happy at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment