Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.06.2012

Well, THAT's a terrifying coincidence.

This time of year, my amazing children spend a fair amount of time in the evening playing around on Norad Santa.   There they can play Christmas games, and count down to Chirstmas while checking Santa's progress. 

The other day, my daughter found herself playing around the Santa FAQ's section, taking joy in reading me the answers.  One in particular caught my attention. 

'Daddy, based on flight profile data gathered from over 50 years of NORAD's radar and satellite tracking, NORAD concludes that Santa probably stands about 5 feet 7 inches tall and weighs approximately 260 pounds (before cookies).' 

'Do you really think that is what Santa looks like?'

Well...I'm really closer to 5'6" than 5'7", and because I have lost some weight, I'm not 260 anymore, but the stats for Santa were close enough that I didn't even have to lie to my daughter.

'Yes honey, that sounds remarkably close to what Santa Claus looks like'. 

1 comment:

  1. Santa is one cool Dude. I think all the little ones that come under his watchful eye are very lucky.

    ReplyDelete