Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.23.2012

Tinseltown.

Earlier in the week, Borepatch posted a video of a great modern Christmas song done by Shedaisy and Rascal Flats.  Now, Borepatch and I seem to share an opinion about Rascal Flats...no matter how many records they might sell, or how many concerts they might sell out, they are never going to get the respect from me that the Zac Brown does. 

I'm sure this worries Rascal Flats all the way to the bank.

Shedaisy, on the other hand, is one of those bands that I can't believe never ended up bigger.  They write some of their own songs, they sing some bad-ass harmonies, and they are sisters with a high level of aesthetic appeal.  That should be the recipe for success.

The only thing I can figure is that there is only so much room at the top of the mountain(radio play time IS finite), and The Dixie Chicks beat them to the top of that mountain by a few years.

Anyway, if you are looking for a GOOD Christmas CD, I highly recommend Brand New Year, by Shedaisy.  It's a very, very good blending of some updated 'traditional' songs, as well as a few catchy originals, of which this one, Tinsektown, is my favorite.  I can listen to their harmonies year round, and just ignore the lyrics. 



2 comments:

  1. That's my FAVORITE Christmas album! Well, it's tied with Vince Gill's Breath of Heaven. But SheDaisy's Hark the Angels/Carol of the Bells medley plays on repeat a lot around here. I'm also a fan of the New Year's title song.

    I miss the Dixie Chicks. Wish they'd come back. :/

    ReplyDelete