Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.10.2012

Now where did I put that again?

After going back and forth on the whole 'should we buy a house or wait' thing, my wife and I hit an open house this weekend that we really, really liked.  After much deep and serious talking, we decided to get ahold of an agent and make an offer.

Then the pain started.

On one of our discussed timelines, we were going to spend November getting pre-approved for a loan before putting an offer in. 

That didn't happen, and so now that we want to put an offer in, today was full of much 'hair on fire' as we tried to start rounding up the paperwork to apply for the loan: W-2's, 1040's, bank statements, and pay stubs.

Most of it's easy, and can be printed off the computer.  The only one giving me difficulty is my most recent W-2 form, which is frustrating, because I KNOW we did our taxes back in April, and I KNOW I collected copies of everything I printed off from Turbo Tax, and put it away with my the W-2 forms also.

And now I just can't remember where I put it. 

Grrrrrrr. 

It's another one of those 'no one to blame but myself' things.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finding a place that is worth the effort!

    The rest of it, the hair pulling, gnashing of teeth stuff? Meh, you won't even remember it if it all works out (or even if it doesn't). Fortunately, or not, memory is... not one of the best traits of men or beast. Look at the world and read history if you don't believe me. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this won't help you now, but with your next set of taxes, have TT print to PDF and then upload it to google drive. Drive is the best thing to ever happen to my household paperwork!

    Good luck with the homebuying process!

    ReplyDelete