Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.30.2012

The creeping horror.

Earlier this week, my wife took my kids to the store so they could use the gift cards they go from out of town relatives to supplement their Christmas gifts.  My older daughter, in a totally innocent move that reeks of impending teenage rebellion decided to buy something that she knows has the potential to have her father climbing the curtains:

A ten-inch remote control spider.

 
I am not a fan of spiders.  I go out of my way not bother them outside, because I know what they do...but inside, I am ruthless.  As soon as I get over my heebie-jeebies.
 
My daughter has already been warned that if she leaves it out after dark, I will not be held responsible for blasting it into a pile of plastic scrap metal with a load of 12ga buck. 

1 comment:

  1. One of my daughters got a much-smaller (but therefore closer to life size) spider with one of her Christmas presents. I don't know which kid or which present, though I suspect one of the Monster High dolls. I didn't know of the existence of this thing until yesterday, when I glanced over from the couch and saw it on the floor. Just about jumped out of my skin, & honestly I am still not 100% sure it was a toy, but Imma choose to believe it is.

    ReplyDelete