Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.24.2012

Just because it's legal doesn't mean it's right.

Now, first off, as someone who has had to work for most of my adult life with people that can't realistically be fired due to the difficulties of firing government/union employees(and making it stick), I respect an employers right to hire and fire as they choose.  You shouldn't need to justify why you don't want someone working for you.

But, since that justification IS required for the most part in the United States, I must say that this case out of Iowa is one of the LAMEST justifications for firing I have heard.

Dental Assistant Fired For Being 'Irresistible' Is 'Devastated'

So, to boil it down to the basics, dentist and dental assistant have worked together for 10 years.  After 10 years, he decides(or his wife, who also works in the same practice) decides the way she dresses and behaves is 'irresistable' and a 'threat' to her employers marriage. 

I don't buy it.  While I would never say a woman in her 30's(or 40's or 50's or even 60's if her name is Jane Seymour), it is unlikely that she will be more of a threat to his marriage in her 30's than in her 20's.  The article has pictures and video of the dental assistant in question, and while she is attractive, she is not a knockout, I would not qualify her as 'irresistable', even if she is potentially playing it down for the media. 

What I'm saying is that if she wasn't irresistible then, she's isn't now.  Using that as the excuse to fire her is LAME. 

We all know why she was fired...the wife.  Most likely, the wife is also now 10 year older, which means 10 years more jealous....and a marriage that is 10 years more stressed.  100% she said 'She goes, or I go.' 

So...he fired her to save his marriage. 

I just don't think it will work.

In the past, I worked with a fair number(3 or 4) fairly attractive females, one or two whom I would label as knockouts.  Never once did my wife feel the need to give me an ultimatum.  That shouldn't have to happen in a healthy marriage. 

I've just got the feeling that his guy fired his dental assistant for no reason.  If his wife wanted something to be upset about and harp on him about...she's going to find something else. 

2 comments:

  1. I feel for that dental assistant.

    It's tough being so damn good-looking.


    Merry Christmas Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MSgtB - it's a cross you will have to bear :-)

    I just wanted to drop Greg a note to wish he and his family a very Merry Christmas.

    Blessings.
    B.

    ReplyDelete