Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.24.2012

The Calm Before the Storm.

Things are quiet now. 

My wife is on the couch, knitting, drinking tea, and watching Warehouse 13 on netflix.  The kids are in the family room, building tinker toy animals and watching Madagascar.  The cats are on the couch, staying out from underfoot.



Soon, things will get busy.  We are going to Christmas Eve service at 4.  Before that, I've got a few cooking things to get going.  While we are just staying at home tomorrow, and it's only going to be the 4 of us, there are somethings I can do ahead of time to keep from stressing out.  The girls are going to help me make the pumpkin(really hubbard squash) pie here in a bit.  After dinner I will employ them again to help tear up raisin bread and mix up the custard for my bread pudding.  With both deserts out of the way, the only other thing I want to get done tonight is the dough to make some of Brigid's Rosemary and Salt Rolls.  The dough might not get fully risen in the fridge, but I can pull them out to finish rising at some point tomorrow.

After that, calm should reign again.  My wife and I actually on have about 3 things to finish wrapping.  Everything else is in the garage hiding from the kids, and ready to go under the tree. 

I think tomorrow will be a good day, and I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment