Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

12.25.2012

Let me get back to you on that one...

A full reporting of all the goodies I got, and gave will follow.  For now, I will leave you with the questions I got asked by my older daughter(now 10.5 years old), who I think is increasingly suspicious, but still a hard core believer, in Santa. 

How can one be both suspicious AND a believer?  Because she believes in Santa, but she is a technical girl, and so she is full of curiosity as to how Santa can do what he does.

'Daddy...is Santa gave Maureen her Nintendo DS for Christmas, how did you, mommy and Nana know to get her DS games?'(Answer: Santa gave us a heads up in an e-mail two weeks ago when he was checking on your behavior.)

'Daddy...how come some of the toys have store stickers on them?  I thought the elves made the toys.'(Answer: Too many kids in the world now...Santa had to outsource.)

While watching A Christmas Story: 'Daddy...what did he say if he didn't say 'fudge''?(Answer: A word that is SO bad they couldn't say it on TV, so even Daddy doesn't know what it is.)

'Daddy...do I have to keep wearing this?"(Answer: Only long enough for me to get a picture to embarrass you with someday.)











No comments:

Post a Comment