Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

6.08.2011

So, at least I've got that going for me...

My wife and I had a talk with our real estate agent the other night, and he had what I guess is some good news...he said that over the last month, the housing inventory in Kitsap County went down, indicating houses are leaving the market at a higher rate than they are being listed.  Of course, when I asked if all these houses where leaving the market because they were being sold, or if people might just be getting frustrated instead and trying to rent, he couldn't answer that question.

Following that bit of good news, he than said this: 'I'm not going to tell you that you need to drop your price(again) to sell, but if you want to sell quickly, you might want to think of droping the price(again).'

I added the 'again' for emphasis.  if we decide to drop the price(again) then we will probably end up below what we bought the house for almost 7 years ago. 

Sorry...some of the vomit leaked out of my mouth and I had to clean it off the keyboard. 

The good news, is since we were in the house almost 7 years, and we do have relocation assistance in my new job, is we won't end up underwater...but it is looking more and more like I should have just rented the nicest apartment I could have found for the last 7 years, and I would have come out ahead.

And in other good news, Barry says we don't need to worry about a double-dip recession, even though we are already dealing with a double-dip in housing prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment