Why?

Adventures of a Modern Day, Middle-Aged Hero, on the Glory Road(to family security)

4.30.2014

To Protect and Serve

Now...while I'm not one of those folks who routinely bashed the police a jack-booted thugs, I also don't shy from pointing out the bad apples in the barrel,  or how police officers occasionally seem to get the benefit of the doubt on some issues that I don't think you or I would.

However...I believe that I also have acknowledged around here more than once that being a police officer is not a job I could do.  I feel that I lack the proper temperament or patience.  I WOULD be one of the police officers you read stories about. 

  Back near the beginning of March, my truck was broken into(well, it was pillaged...I'm not sure you can call it 'broken into' if you leave the door unlocked).  I dutifully filed a police report, because I had to for my lost work badge, but I really didn't expect it to accomplish anything.  Yesterday, I actually got a very nice phone call from the Richland Police Department, telling me that in the execution of a warrant, they had found a stash of knives, flashlights, and binoculars, items that matched my description of some of the things I was missing.  They offered to send me some pictures...and lo and behold, my cute little Cold Steel Urban Pal, AND my Nikon Prostaff binoculars were in the pictures.

I don't have them back in my hands yet...but it's pretty sweet. My birthday is in a few weeks, and I had already resigned myself to replacing my binoculars as my birthday gift...so now I can actually start thinking about something I might actually want for my birthday, and not something I need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment